Thursday, November 29, 2012

Out of the (Breech) Woods!

Guess who decided to turn upside down and get his/her head in mommy's pelvis?  (Points thumbs at baby bump protuberance) This kid!

We went to the doc that works with our midwife on Tuesday, and he determined Baby Cakes is now head down!  He then went on to feel around and proclaimed the "tushie" is on my right side, and little feet and legs are having a hay day kicking my left side ribs and muscles.  Head and hands are pushing my hips around.  Which is a very odd feeling.  The oddest feeling of all has to be when my ribs and hips all get pushed apart simultaneously.  I know, it sounds like a form of medieval torture, but its just a baby getting used to its muscles.

Thank you everyone for your prayers and happy thoughts.  God is awesome and amazing.  Just keep us in the back of your mind and prayers that we stay head down until birthing time starts.  And with our due date approaching in just 36 MORE DAYS (geez!), that could be coming soon!

I am currently writing this update from our bed, as I seem to have come down with a slight cold.  Patrick has banned me to bed to rest the germs out of me, and brings me tea whenever I want it.  I don't say it often enough, I married an amazing man that I love with my entire being.  He is so good to me, and I could never wish for a better husband than he already is.  Baby Cakes, you are the luckiest baby in the world to have such a man for your daddy.  He loves you (almost) as much as I do.

Here's to not having a cold when I am pushing a baby out in the birthing pool!

No comments:

Post a Comment