Thursday, November 1, 2012

FINALLY!!

For those of you who have seen previews of the nursery, you know I have been working diligently on a project since June.  A project I thought would take a couple of weeks at the most to finish.

Yeah... I kinda underestimated the amount of work I was going to have to do...

But, FINALLY, I have finished the T-Shirt Rug!!  My green shaggy rug is complete, beautiful, and gracing the middle of our nursery.

BEHOLD!!


Oh I am so proud... and I will not be starting a project like this again for awhile.  The rug is 5' x 5' and made from a green knit jersey material.  I used in total about 15 yards of fabric, all cut into 1" x 5" strips, tied to the underlying rug mat I purchased from Hobby Lobby.

Here is a picture of the rug in process:


When I started the rug, I went completely around the outside first, then filled in the middle.  I skipped every other little square, but you could definitely do every one.  The rug would just be a lot thicker (and take ages and ages to finish).

So now, hubby and I will be painting trees on the wall tonight.  And setting up a picture mobile.  More pictures to follow.

And please, feel free to congratulate me on this feat of amazingness.  I don't think I will feel this accomplished until I push little Baby Cakes out in a couple of months, or 64-ish days. 

Geez.  64 days.  Everybody better prepare themselves for cuteness overload when they meet our little baby.


2 comments: