Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Waylon's 3 Month Birthday



I think it's funny that I got around to writing out our birth story... on the day that Waylon turned three months old.  It is so insane to me that he is growing this quickly.  Just comparing his pictures to the ones of him at one month... so much has changed in his face and his voicings.  I love my son so dearly.

And it was love of our son that has led Patrick and I to completely change our lifestyles.  Barely one month after Waylon's birth, Patrick had quit his job in the corporate world and started working at the Christian camp he was a part of from age 12 to 22.  We began going to church again.  We have revamped our budget to fit with our new income level, and we are relying on God to keep us going forward.  And to provide for us some things that we need.

Such as a house.  We have been actively looking for a new place to leave, closer to the camp, since mid February.  But there must be a reason we haven't found a place yet.  It feels like God is saying, "Just wait.  Something great is coming."

So we continue to pray and wait.  Because something great is coming.  When Patrick first came to me and said, "I think we need to start working at New Frontiers," I had never been there, and I had only just met the directors, the Nellists, a few days prior.  But what's funny, is that had been laid on my heart too.  Just this still, small voice saying maybe we should look at the camp.  After meeting the Nellists and reading about the camp's mission and its message, I knew that's where we needed to be.  And Patrick feeling it too just made it all the more real.

Here we go.  Jumping off into the blue.  Hoping God will bless us and knowing that our faith in Him is what will catch us and lead us in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment